Life is precious. As of Aug. 31st of this year I am a Father. Babies are completely dependent on others for all their needs. I know we often say all a baby does is eat, sleep and poo. However after having a new little one I realize a baby needs much more.
Out of the 6 wellness categories a new baby doesn't need all of them, but will have a better life if we help it with Physical, Social and Environmental Wellness. My little boy Benjamin who unlike me needs to continually gain weight, I just do it anyways. In the first two weeks he had gained a pound. Which is great and we hope he continues to do so. We also need to make sure he gets enough sleep to keep him healthy.
You would think that a little newborn doesn't have much need for a social life. However there are times that the only thing that will make him happy is to be held. He's been feed, not sleepy, just wants to be held. So you can see the need to have people love you and around you starts at the beginning.
Little Benjamin also needs to have environmental wellness. I need to keep his clothes and beds clean. He needs clean bottles to eat out of. The same basic needs that I need in my surrounding he needs as well.
As Donna Lewis said in her song 'At the Beginning':
"And Life is a road and I want to keep going. Love is a river I want to keep flowing. Life is a road now and forever. A Wonderful journey"
Life is a wonderful journey, I am glad we had time to be on it and to live our lives before our end does come. It can come way to quickly for some.
"We were strangers on a crazy adventure. Never dreaming, how our dreams would come true. Now here we stand, unafraid of the future. At the beginning..."
Many of us are strangers and life is a crazy adventure, but our dreams can come true especially if we strive to have a balanced wellness. When it balances out we will not be as afraid of the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment